Using solar energy to operate various appliances and parts of homes, is becoming increasingly common amongst homeowners. If you are considering solar energy for your home, good for you! According to the Department of Energy, the growing solar industry allows US families and business a pathway to a more sustainable and cleaner future. However, there are several things you should consider before you go solar this year. To help you out, the pros at Freedom Air and Heat have prepared a quick and helpful guide.
Some Facts About Solar Energy and the Solar Industry
Before you make any decision, it is important to do a bit of research on it. Here are some important things you should know about solar energy and the solar industry and how they will affect you:
- The solar industry is changing and growing at a fast pace. Currently, the demand for solar is extremely high—to be more specific, the amount of solar power and panels installed in the United States have gone from 1.2 gigawatts in 2008 to about 27.4 GW in 2015. This is enough energy to provide power to about 5 million American homes.
- The price of solar power has also begun to fall, which means it is an energy-efficient AND economical choice for residential and commercial purposes.
- However, it can be somewhat difficult and costly to install, in addition to being a lengthy process.
- There are two main technologies that use solar energy. The first, more well-known one is the use of solar panels or photovoltaics. The second is concentrating solar power, which is used in power plants and is meant only for commercial use.
- To check if your home is suitable for solar panel installation, you might need to speak to a solar professional about your options. If your rooftops have been deemed unsuitable, you can still make use of community solar.
Why Should I Go Solar this Year?
Now that you know a little more about the solar industry and solar power, here are some reasons why you should consider going solar this year!
- Unlimited Source
Solar energy comes from an unlimited source. According to the DOE, about 173,000 terawatts of solar energy hit the earth’s surface, which is more than 100,000 times the world’s total energy use.
- You Can Always Start Small
If you decide to go solar, you don’t have to immediately install big solar panels on your rooftop. You can start off with small changes. Instead of using solar energy to operate heavy appliances in your home, you can start off using solar lights! Solar lights use similar technology to solar panels to provide lighting. Outdoor lights especially have a variety of solar lights which are easy to install and operate.
- Reduction of Emissions
Solar energy is a cleaner way to produce electricity and operate various appliances in your home. With solar energy, you can be sure that there will be no harmful emissions released into the air.
- Reduce Electricity Bills
One of the most appealing things about going solar is how it reduces electricity use and ultimately, electricity bills. Because it is an unlimited and renewable source, it is essentially generating free power for your home and drastically decreasing your electricity bills!
Go Solar This Year with Freedom Air!
We hope this guide to going solar is helpful. If you have more questions about solar power, get in touch with the pros at Freedom Air! Call us today at 321-631-6886 or schedule an appointment online!