The Town of Malabar got its 1st official Post Office and name on December 24, 1883 when R. A. Ward was named Postmaster by President Arthur. Two days a week, the boat that traveled down the Intracoastal waterway from Jacksonville would deliver the mail to the palmetto shack post office along the riverbank at Malabar. The mail was dumped on the counter for the population of 25 to shuffle through. Things have improved since then and today Freedom Air repairs and installs modern day air conditioners in this community.